Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Following the Echos (update)

Thank the heavens for Children's Hospital and those that care and understand a parent's fear.  I got in my car to drive home last night and checked my personal email while the car warmed up. (yes, Wisconsin living...we wait for the car to warm up a bit!)  There was an email from our doctor that told me that the new test result was in, and, it was perfectly, gloriously, fabulously, NORMAL! 

The wave of relief that washed over me in that instant was something I wasn't prepared for.  I had bolstered myself and gone about my business...not letting the thoughts creep into my head.  Now that I had heard the news, I was surprised at how incredibly vulnerable I was.  Life is precious and sometimes we get that reminder to take every moment as a gift.  This was one of those moments. 

Thanks to all who offered support.  You really did help that day and the following days, as I made my way through. 

I won't take more of your time now.  Time is precious.  Hug your kids or give a stranger a smile.  I'm paying it forward today!

1 comment: